birding-aus

crested shrike tits

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: crested shrike tits
From: "Karina Mercer" <>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 22:54:01 +0930
Does anyone know of a reliable site/area at which to observe Crested Shrike Tits? My partner - who caught the birdwatching bug from myself - has a hankering to see these beautiful birds. I have seen them myself, in the backyard of my parents house in Willaston, about 10 years ago. True to their nature, I heard the tearing of bark and went to investigate, thinking "what are you, I have never seen you before!".

I have limited information on them, which doesn't help me in my efforts to find out where I can see them. Are they migratory through SA, if so, when would be my best chance of seeing them, and where? Or will I have to rely on 'pot-luck'?

Appreciate any assistance, regards
Karina

Ms Karina Mercer

Ph: (08) 8365 3020