birding-aus

RFI - Long-toed Stint

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI - Long-toed Stint
From: "Alan Stuart" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 22:29:34 +1000
I recently had a short visit to Perth.  During the time I engineered for
some birdwatching, I went out to Forrestdale Lake to the S of Perth, as
according to the book I had with me it was a good place to find Long-toed
Stint.

It wasn't a good place for birds at all at the time - the lake was bone dry
and the only birds around were a handful of Magpie.  However, there was a
sign indicating that 1% of the world's population of LtS can be found
there.

Can anyone tell me more about the status of LtS at Lake Forrestdale?  Are
they present there every year, or less frequently, what months are they
usually there, whereabouts at the Lake are they usually found?

Also, I would think that Lake Forrestdale dries up every summer, so where
do the LtS go when it has dried up?

Thanks

Alan Stuart

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"