birding-aus

Birding Paris

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Birding Paris
From: "Bill Jolly" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:08:35 +1000
Alex Appleman wrote:

"Unexpectedly we have to go to England in May (mostly family business but I
will try to sneak some birding in somewhere), followed by two days in Paris
(mostly romance) and 2 days in Singapore on the way back (mostly birding).
The first and last are okay but has anyone birded Paris???? "

Yes, Alex - I've birded and romanced Paris, and frankly the romance won
hands down.  We're talking about Paris in the late spring, so most of the
migrants will have arrived in the parks and the Bois de Boulogne, but really
just the same as UK, except you might find that the Pied Wagtails are white.
So especially if you've just spent some time in England, I'd say drop the
birding for a couple of days and indulge yourself in other ways while you're
in the right place at the right time. (I note that you didn't ask for any
pointers in that regard).
Have a great time.

Bill Jolly

"Abberton",
Lockyer Valley, Queensland.

Visit our website at http://www.abberton.org <http://www.abberton.org>

Email:  <>
Ph: (+61) 7 4697 6111  Fax: (+61) 7 4697 6056