birding-aus

RE: white throated honeyeater

Subject: RE: white throated honeyeater
From: David Geering <>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:08:54 +1100
When I first read the initial posting I saw it as White-throated
Tree-creeper.  Where's the problem??  Some-one will sort this one out!!

Now I see what I didn't see the first time.  Pretty busy since moving to
Dubbo and have been glossing over postings to birding-aus (enough of the
silly names already!!!).

White-throated Honeyeaters are no-go in the Barrington Tops.  Not only is it
too far south but in NSW they are definitely a lowland bird.  Mainly coastal
but ranging a bit further inland, to Grafton for instance, in some areas.
What they had was a White-naped Honeyeater, probably an immature, ie without
the red eye piece.

David Geering

<<application/ms-tnef>>