birding-aus

birding-aus Afternoon Birding Trip in the Hawkesbury 9th January 2000

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus Afternoon Birding Trip in the Hawkesbury 9th January 2000
From: "EDWIN VELLA" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:48:09 +1100
Yeseterday, I showed a NZ birdo, Chris Jowett around a few places within the Hawkesbury area (approx. 50km NW of Sydney). At Mitchell Park (Cattai) it felt like the middle of Spring again, with beautiful warm and sunny weather (not to hot) and plenty of birds. Here we had good views of a male Cicadabird, 2 Painted Button-quails, a white-phase Grey Goshawk with a dark-morph bird, several Brush Cuckoos, a juv. Horsfield's Bronze-cuckoo being fed by a male Variegated Wren, a pair of Gang-gang Cockatoo's, a Rufous Fantail and plenty of Honeyeaters about.

At nearby McGraths Hill STW were 3 Musk Ducks and 5 Lathams Snipes, and at Pitt Town Lagoon were 2 Pink-eared Ducks.

A fine and pleasant afternoon indeed!

Edwin