birding-aus

birding-aus Lt Col S.G. (Bill) Lane

To: "" <>
Subject: birding-aus Lt Col S.G. (Bill) Lane
From: morris <>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 21:16:51 +1100
It is with sadness that I report that my good friend Bill Lane died
peacefully last night at 9.20 pm in the company of his wife Lorraine,
daughter Barbara, and two of her children. Bill has been ill for some
time and took a turn for the worse in September, and has been on the
decline ever since. My wife Anne & I were fortunate to have been able to
visit him on 28/12/99 and he was very weak then. Lorraine nursed Bill at
home until the end, with the help of friends and palliative care
workers.Bill was a wonderful friend to my family as he was to many other
people. He and Lorraine made countless friends as they travelled around
the country exploring the seabird islands off the Australian coast and
bird banding. The funeral service will be at the Sawtell Crematorium,
Hogbin Rd Sawtell NSW on Tuesday afternoon (time not specifically known
at this point). Lorraine has asked me to speak on behalf of the Birding
community, at a service that will be celebration of his life. For more
details contact me

Alan Morris
Tel 02 43 891390

quotes)