birding-aus

birding-aus NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

To: "" <>, "" <>, Elizabeth Hodson <>, Craig Arms <>
Subject: birding-aus NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
From: morris <>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 19:42:40 +1100
Hi Birders,
My ISP has changed my Email address to  If
you have sent anything over the past week you will have to resend.
I am happy to report that I have increased my life list by one (Margaret
Cameron & John Duranti to note!), having seen not one but 3 Oriental
Cuckoos at the one time on Christmas Eve. The birds were all on the
property of birders Barry & Margaret Pointer of Mangrove Mountain,
Margaret grows and sells herbs, and these cuckoos were based in a stand
of Bay Trees near her house and fed out into an adjoining cattle paddock
on caterpillars feeding in the grass, it is a smooth- skinned, stripey
caterpiller that could be a future butterfly! One bird appeared to be an
adult male, one a juvenile female brown bird with light barring from
throat to abdomen, while the other bird was a nondescript grey-brown
bird with very faint barring and is presumably a juvenile male. The
birds were first reported on 22 December, collectively we (Kaye, Ben, &
Margaret Pointer, John McLennan & myself) watched them over one hour.
This is the fourth record for the Central Coast. Congrats to Margaret &
Kaye for finding and identifying these birds.

Alan Morris
Records Officer, NSWFOC

quotes)