birding-aus

birding-aus Forster- Tuncurry area, 3.5 hrs north of Sydney

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Forster- Tuncurry area, 3.5 hrs north of Sydney
From: "Trevor Quested" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:46:43 +1100
Hi Chatters,

We spent the weekend in the Forster- Tuncurry area, 3.5 hrs north of Sydney.

Best birds were a pair of Regent Bowerbirds sitting on the power lines as we drove along the Lakes Drive. Also a pair of Osprey over Wallis Lake. The area was great for raptors with Swamp Harrier, Sea Eagle, Whistling Kite & 1 Collared Sparrowhawk being seen.

Without too much effort we saw or heard about 80 species.  We ventured into the Wallingat State Forest which had some very birdy trails and an excellent lookout.

We now have made a little checklist of all we have seen on two visits so if anyone would like it, we can e-mail it as a Word attachment.

This morning we saw 3 Channel-billed Cuckoos flying around our place in Crows Nest, Sydney.  Annie saw a pair mating in trees beside North Sydney Oval on Friday morning.  I wonder how soon it will be before they are seen in the Sydney CBD?

Trevor & Annie Quested

Sydney, Australia