birding-aus

birding-aus Cumberland Woodplain

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: birding-aus Cumberland Woodplain
From: "Brian Everingham" <>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:33:23 +1100
Good to see birders taking an interest in the ADI site, Shane's Park, et al.
These are all part of an ongoing campaign by the National Parks Association
of NSW (see National Parks Association of NSW
PO Box A96 Sydney South 1235Ph: (02) 9233 4660  Fax: (02) 9233 4880 Email:

Website: http://npansw.cjb.net ) and include some additional sites as well.
These include Hoxton Park, additions to Castlereagh Nature Reserve, Marayong
(near Blacktown), etc. We have had some successes ... Longneck Lagoon
(Scheyville) is an example. And the core reserves at Castlereagh and Agnes
Banks are others. Several years ago I led a series of trips to these areas
for the NPA to alert all to their value.The Sydney Branch of the NPA has
been especially active and no doubt the office would love support by way of
letters, active teams to lead the community into the areas to appreciate,
donations, etc ...The original ADI posting was sent out by our President,
Roger Lembit, so thank you for noting and commenting on it. The birds need
all the help they can get (Alan ... you are right about the emus, though)
Brian Everingham

quotes)