birding-aus

birding-aus Emu wrens, Grasswrens & Twitchathons

Subject: birding-aus Emu wrens, Grasswrens & Twitchathons
From: "Chris Tzaros"<>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 17:02:17 +1000
Greetings all,

For those of you who visit Hattah-Kulkyne NP, I was seeking assistance in
being able to mark on a map likely spots to find Mallee Emu-wren and
Striated Grasswren.  In all my visits there, I am yet to record either
species.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In terms of Twitchathon results, I think it is fantastic to witness such
rivalry between opposing teams, particularly the inter-state battles.
Being a born and bred Victorian, I think the teams down here do a
remarkable job, taking into consideration those comments by Peter
Menkhorst.  Just a suggestion though.  Ever thought of passionately
supporting a football club or other sporting team, rather than continuously
contesting which team saw the most bird species?  Does it really matter?  I
am sure you are all great birdo's worthy of recognition, and I would hope
you are all so conscientious about getting involved in conservation issues
and preserving birds and their habitats.  I intend not to tread on any toes
here but have noticed that about 70 % of my birding-aus messages lately are
about the Twitchathon.

Now that I've probably offended most, I would still love the
Emu-wren/Grasswren info.!!

Chris

quotes)