birding-aus

birding-aus RFI Bermagui/Merimbula area

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus RFI Bermagui/Merimbula area
From: "Garry George" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:41:52 -0800
I'm leaving Saturday for a three day trip to Bermagui/Merimbula area which
will be my last location in a month of birding in Australia before I return
to the States. What an amazing group of species you have here I must say.

There's a few species which I haven't seen which range maps in Pizzey &
Knight show as possible for that area but I wonder if anyone has any
locations for the following:

Pilotbird
Rock Warbler
any heaths that might produce Striated Fieldwren or maybe even Ground Parrot
if that's remotely possible
Glossy Black Cockatoo (I'll be checking all the casharinas)
Turquoise Parrot
Swift Parrot (seems that they've all gone to Tasmania but perhaps some
linger)
Sooty Owl
Barking Owl

Any good seawatch spots?

Thanks in advance for your information. I've enjoyed reading birding-aus
every day.

Garry George
Los Angeles, CA currently in Sydney

quotes)