birding-aus

birding-aus Electronic Atlas

Subject: birding-aus Electronic Atlas
From: Geoff Barrett <>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:34:18 +1000
Hi All,

I understand that many of you are still waiting for a decent electronic
Atlas form so that you can send in Atlas surveys without filling out the
Record Forms.  Sorry that we have been so sluggish regarding this facility
- I agree that the present form is not very satisfactory (although some
people are happy with it).

Swinburne TAFE have modified the existing form so that it will accept more
than 40 species in a single survey and most importantly, so that you can
view your surveys before sending them to our Database Manager, Rory
Poulter.  They also propose to make some cosmetic changes so that it is
easier to use.

TAFE have promised that this will be done by the end of this year and are
still enthusiastic and committed to the project.  I have agreed to this but
also given them an ultimatum.  That is; if it is not ready by the end of
this year we will hand the job over to a professional outfit.

In the meantime, please consider filling out the Atlas Record Forms.
Alternatively, Simon Bennetts BirdInfo program can be used and Simon will
transfer the data to us and into the the Atlas database.

Cheers

Dr Geoff Barrett
Atlas Project Coordinator
Birds Australia