birding-aus

birding-aus Red-tailed Black Cockatoos in SE Queensland

To: "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: birding-aus Red-tailed Black Cockatoos in SE Queensland
From: "Atzeni, Michael" <>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:13:57 +1000
After spruiking earlier on in the year about RTBCs returning to Toowoomba
again, it turns out it was a very fleeting appearance.  The local incursion
was relatively small and lasted about a month, the birds having departed
Toowoomba by early March. Normally, they've stayed for several months.

Bill Jolly reported a flock of 4 at his Helidon property, east of Toowoomba
in 12-16 April.  There have been no other reported sightings in the local
region since.

No doubt all this rain affected their movements this year.   I was very
aware and disappointed to see the White Cedar berries going to waste this
year, particulary the tree at the top of the Toowoomba Range highway which
was often full of RTBCs - a very nice "Welcome to Toowoomba!" for motorists
in the past.

So I ask: "Who stole OUR cockies and have you still got yours?"

Regards

Michael Atzeni
Toowoomba Q 4350

ph       (07) 46 881 318