birding-aus

birding-aus Birding-aus Mt Lewis

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus Birding-aus Mt Lewis
From: "Terrance Pacey" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 16:30:24 +1000
Tony

An e-mail from Nicci Thompson, dated 24 May 1999 was published in the
Toowoomba Bird Observers Newsletter - September 1999.  Nicci stated:
    "..  Very early the next morning we headed back up Mt Lewis into the
mist and wind - not a good birding day.  However, when we reached the
clearing we were headed for, about 10 kms up, as I got out of the car a
movement in some bushes caught my eye.  As I trained the binoculars in the
direction, an adult Blue-faced Parrot-finch hopped up onto the next branch
to reach the seeds of the long grass.  It was soon joined by anoth
r and we
had superb views of them as they rolled the white seeds around in their very
dark beaks. It was the coldest morning we had experienced since leaving
home, but for a while I forgot how cold my ears and nose were.  A few
minutes later as we walked down the path to the creek I disturbed 8-10 more
birds feeding in the long grass.  ......."
I hope this helps.

Terry Pacey

Toowoomba Qld  4350

quotes)