birding-aus

birding-aus Birding bussiness's

To: Andy Burton <>, All <>
Subject: birding-aus Birding bussiness's
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:59:02 -0700 (PDT)
Andy Burton <> wrote:
I believe that somewhere amongst the recent postings, mention has been
made of the economic benefits of birding. These benefits are very
rarely made known to the community generally. I believe that some
groups in the US produce 'business' cards with messages
such as:

        "birdwatchers supporting your business"

Computer-owning individuals would be able to produce
their own cards or perhaps this is an idea that could be promoted by
birding clubs. Every time a birder buys fuel, food or pays for
accomodation and so on, a card is handed to the business.

In some areas it might have little effect but in others I'm sure that
word would get around. The tyre suppliers in outback towns such as
Cunnamulla and Menindee love me; "here he comes again, sucker!" Any
other ideas? Could Birds Australia run with this idea, what about
atlassers who are often travelling and spending?
Perhaps tour operaters could hand them to their clients.

Regards, Andy.
Andy Burton
Andy Burton's Bush Tours
21, Karabil Cr
Baulkham Hills, NSW  2153

Email
Ph      61 2 9686 4610  (home and bus.)
Fax     61 2 9686 4610

In the USA alone Tony the birding business is worth over 2 billion
dollars? Yep I said Billion.
I wonder what it is worth here?
and what growth rate is forecast?
with the Olympics as an add on to many Americans that plan a journey
this way soon, it has been caluclated they will have the potential to
buy NSW.
But then what crazy fool would want to do that?

Signed " A Very Happy Vic Ball Organiser "