birding-aus

birding-aus RFI Yellowhead in NZ

Subject: birding-aus RFI Yellowhead in NZ
From: "Keith Betton" <>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:16:31 +0100
G'day all.

I shall be heading down under once again in December and will be
moving on to NZ.  Last time I was there I failed to connect with
Yellowhead (in the Lake Gunn/Cascade Creek areas).  It was late
summer, so I put it down to the season.  Can anyone give me
recent information as I hear the species is really on the decline
now?

Also recent sightings of Rock Wren would be appreciated.

Really hot and sunny in London at the moment. Eclipse Fever is
about to hit us next Wednesday as the Sun disappears for a while.
An estimated 6 million folk (must be mad) are heading to Cornwall
to get the best view.  I'll settle for watching it from my office roof in
London.  Just hope there isn't a mega-rarity found in the area as
well!

Thanks and regards to all
Keith Betton
(London UK)