birding-aus

birding-aus Blue Whales

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus Blue Whales
From: "Geoff Duggan" <>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:16:24 +1000
In reply to John Seebeck's email regarding Blue Whale sightings I must say it is excellent news that there will soon be a Whale Watch web site.  As well as going on pelagic bird trips off Eden I also fish there in my 4.5 metre "tinny". Various cetaceans are seen from time to time all year round. It will be great to have somewhere to post ones sightings instead of  keeping the information to oneself through lack of information as to who to contact. News of this proposed site could possibly be supplied to commercial fishermen & recreational fishing individuals &  clubs. A helluva lot of  marine mammals are seen by fishing people without the information being passed on to the relevant organisations. I'll watch John Seebeck's posts with keen anticipation.

Geoff Duggan