birding-aus

Re: birding-aus RFI Alice Springs

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus RFI Alice Springs
From: "Muir Environmental" <>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 10:05:46 +0800
Hi there

When my husband and I visited the Alice Springs area MANY years ago on a
round-Australia trip, we visited the outer areas including Ormiston Gorge,
The Olgas, Ayers Rock, etc. in a VW Beetle.

While I admit that little car got across flooded creeks, and thru all sorts
places you'd expect only 4-W drive vehicles to beat, it was still a
conventional vehicle.  We had no problems driving to these places then, so
unless things have deteriorated, or access stopped, I suggest a 4-W drive
vehicle may not be necessary unless you want to go right off the beaten
track.

I'm interested in what other birding-aussers say

Regards

Jenn

----------
> Subject: birding-aus RFI Alice Springs
> Date: Tuesday, 27 July 1999 23:01
>
> Hi there,
> I will be spending a month in Australia in Sept / Oct and will be
> visiting DArwin area, Alice Springs to Ayers Rock, Tassie and NSW, I
> have some contacts or reports for most areas except the Alice
> Springs/Ayers Rock part. Can anyone help me with up to date info? I have
> a copy of Thomas and Thomas. My immediate concern is to establish if I
> can visit all the key birding areas (Ormiston Gorge, Simpson's Gap etc)
> plus the Olgas without a 4WD, as I need to book car hire fairly soon.
>

> To unsubscribe from this list, please send a message to
>
> Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the
> quotes)

quotes)