birding-aus

birding-aus Wildlife Corridors in Suburbia

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Wildlife Corridors in Suburbia
From: "Nigel Sterpin" <>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:54:37 +1000
I hear people complaining about the destruction that farmers are doing to native bushland, yet what about us city folk?
My point about the Elm trees is that we talk about 'corridors' and their importance, yet what about our own backyard in Suburbia?
Is it possible that someone could provide a 'scientific' explanation as to what benefit to nomadic birds/animals native plants in Suburbia would provide (ie: in simple terms moving East-West or North-South) if they were in place of exotics currently occupying certain areas???
Uroo, Nigel Sterpin
email: