birding-aus

birding-aus great egret

Subject: birding-aus great egret
From: Tim Reid <>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:56:41 GMT
On 29 June 1999, I saw four Great Egrets roosting beside the Murchison River
(Western Australia) just upstream from the bridge of the North-west Coastal
Hwy. One of them had a yellow flag on each of its wings (visible from above
and below when the wing was outstretched). On the flag on the left wing, and
visible from the upper side was a large letter "Z". I did not see the flag
on the right wing well enough to ascertain if it had a letter or not. The
bird also had a metal band on the right leg (which I could not read).

I presume someone is interested in this bird. If anyone knows who, could
they either pass this record on, or tell me who and how to contact them.

Tim Reid.
Marine Conservation Section
Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service
PO Box 44a