birding-aus

birding-aus RFI Ground Parrots at Wilsons Prom

Subject: birding-aus RFI Ground Parrots at Wilsons Prom
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:45:54 +1000
Hi everyone,

I'm on the hunt for Ground Parrots at Wilsons Prom, Victoria, and was
wondering if anyone had any recent sitings (or hearings!) they could
pass on to me. If so, could you let me know exactly where and when?
Also, has anyone been looking specifically for them and was unable to
find them - I'd be interested in knowing about that too.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a recording of their call? And
when is the best time of year and day to hear them?

Incidentally, if you're going to the Prom and want infromation about
birds, don't bother asking at the "information" centre at Tidal River
- when I asked about Ground Parrots there they thought I was talking
about the Crimson Rosellas! Apparently the rangers are now located at
the entrance gate, they were very helpful.

TIA,

Lainie

quotes)