birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Honeyeater Migration - An Anticlimax

To: "Carol Probets" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Honeyeater Migration - An Anticlimax
From: "Reg Clark" <>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 18:42:41 +1000
Hello Carol,

Each year I look forward to the two bird movements, Spring and Autumn.
However, this Autumn has a fizzer for me, a little NW of Sydney.
The only migrants seen to date from casual daily observation have been as
follows:

Maybe a dozen Noisy Friarbirds.
Up to thirty or so Red Wattlebirds
Ditto Little Wattlebirds
Six or seven Yellow faced Honeyeaters
No Whitenaped Honeyeaters.
No Rufous Fantails
Three or four Grey Fantails
One pair of Rose Robins
Three or four flocks of those "Mexican" Silvereyes, in lovely colour.

I hope others in the Sydney area have had a better Autumn than I have.

Reg Clark
11 Carmen St
St Ives NSW 2075
Australia