birding-aus

birding-aus A good day at Gluepot

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus A good day at Gluepot
From: "Peter Waanders" <>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 20:14:34 +0930
Hi all,

I had a great morning at Birds Australia's Gluepot Reserve (near Waikerie, SA) today - apart from almost driving over a Chestnut Quail Thrush (1 of 6 I found in total) there were lots of mixed flocks of thornbills, honeyeaters etc. around. These included White-eared, Yellow-plumed and White-cheeked Honeyeaters and Inland and Chestnut-rumped Thornbills while there were also flocks of Varied Sittellas present. Furthermore there were impressive numbers of Red-capped Robins around, and also plenty of White-browed and Chestnut-crowned Babblers. A Collared Sparrowhawk landed in a tree when I was having a cuppa and to top it all of I head a Southern Scrub-robin in the mallee. A group of Major Mitchell's flew overhead as I headed out and oh, let's not forget the inquisitive Rufous Whistler (no red-lored's today)! Oh, the joys of the cool autumn days.

Cheers

Peter Waanders