birding-aus

birding-aus Re: Duck recipe

Subject: birding-aus Re: Duck recipe
From: "David Geering"<>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:09:52 +1000
This duck thing, while an important commentary, has got a bit out of hand
(or perhaps it started that way).  I think most of us accepted the duck
recipe for what it was - a light hearted way of (hopefully) ending the
discussion.  Humour features regularly on birding-aus as does, very
unfortunately, personal attacks on those that are disagreed with.  I think
the former is perfectly acceptable and the latter definitely not.

I see no need for Tim to publicly apologise for the recipe.  If some people
were offended then perhaps they need to take a bit of time out, cool down,
reapraise the situation and then if they still deem a reply necessary do it
privately please.  Next we will have people demanding a public apology from
Russell because someone didn't like one of his suggested taboo subjects.

How about we all lighten up a bit and discuss something relevant without
getting all indignant and hot under the collar.

David Geering

quotes)