birding-aus

[no subject]

From: Tony Russell <>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:41:43 +1030 (CDT)
birding-aus

Hi all. The two Phalaropes in Penrice SA have now both gone into full
breeding colours (female) and the third one which we thought had moved on
has reappeared in partial colours (20/3/99). Sunday was a very wet day here
so Penrice is not currently accessible because of the damage wheels do to
the levy banks. We also suspect that the change of weather may trigger the
birds' migration but can't check this until next weekend. They have started
to flush and fly a large circle before returning to the same saltfield pond
they have been in since they were found in January. Previously they just sat
tamely in the water no matter how close vehicles came to them.
Cheers. Tony.
Tony Russell
Ph: 08 82078470W
    08 83375959H
Fax:08 82078422
e mail:
Adelaide South Australia.

Include "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the quotes)