birding-aus

birding-aus Birding while ...

Subject: birding-aus Birding while ...
From: David McDonald <>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 22:22:29 +1100
birding-aus

Listmembers will be aware of the occasional threads here and elsewhere
on 'birds I have observed while...'. Examples include birds I have
observed while rollerskating, while at my desk, while bonking, while
riding my bike to work, while on the toilet, while watching TV, etc,
etc.

Has anyone reported on 'Birds I have observed while at the Opera'? On
Sat 6 March, Canberra birdos Barbara Allan, Noela McDonald and I (along
with 2.5 thousand others, mostly non-birdos I suspect, considering where
they were pointing their bins) went to a fine performance by Opera
Australia at the Madew Vineyards & Winery near Canberra. Our list of
birds observed, while at our seats at the Opera, was similar in number
(if not plumage) to the number of Singers: Straw-necked Ibis, Common
Starling, Pied Currawong, Little Eagle, Australian Raven and Australian
Magpie.

Any other Opera Buffs got another list?

David