birding-aus

birding-aus RFI on Swift Parrots

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus RFI on Swift Parrots
From: "Richard Dilena" <>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:04:06 +1100
birding-aus

Hi all,
yesterday morning whilst driving to work, managed to catch a glimpse of what
I initially thought were a pair of Rainbow Lorikeets, which seem to be every
where in Geelong at the moment.  However as they flew over head, I was able
to note the following - underwing coverts red, green belly, throat patch
reddish, similar size to Rainbow L but lacking the colours on the belly.
Could these be Swift Parrots, and if so are they rather early for the
Geelong region?? (And for all those appalled by my looking up instead of
watching the road, I had stopped at a set of traffic lights!)

One other observation for Geelong this week, Banded Lapwing on a dam at
Staughton Vale.

Cheers
Richard Dilena
7 Fisher Court
Ocean Grove

Include "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the quotes)