birding-aus

Re: Another Fault in "The Life Of Birds"

To: EDWIN VELLA <>
Subject: Re: Another Fault in "The Life Of Birds"
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 05:21:13 +1000
Edwin,
Totally agree with your comments, we all make mistakes.....Sittella is
also spelt with two 't's!  We often get it wrong after naming our house
'Sittella' (white-headed variety!) Although I didn't spot the
wing-colour, could the bird have been the southern race 'pileata' ? (I
realise they have orange panels in their wings)
The Fairy Tern is an alternate name used throughout most of the
english-speaking world.
Regards,
Tom Tarrant