birding-aus

Bird call thingy

Subject: Bird call thingy
From: Ian Montgomery <>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:37:01 +1100
>Got to where there are high tea-trees, but an almost closed canopy, and
>twiddled with the bird call thingy I was given for Xmas.  An immature
>accipter appeared on a perch about 10m away and soon swooped about a
>metre over my head to another perch.  Soon it was joined by another two!

Dear Michael.

Love to hear more about your bird call thingy.  What is is and how do you
get it?  Anything that attracts collared sparrowhawks in flocks has just
got to be essential gear for a birder.

Thanks,  Ian
Dr Ian Montgomery,
Institute of Marine Ecology, A11, University of Sydney, NSW 2006.
Phone: (+61-2) 9351 4786; Fax: (+61-2) 9351 6713; Home phone: (+61-2) 9818
4838.
Pay us a visit at: http://www.bio.usyd.edu.au:80/SOBS/SRC_EICC/QTUF/qtuf.html