birding-aus

Whistling Kites

Subject: Whistling Kites
From: "Paul McDonald" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:42:35 +1100
Just a short note to say that at Hay Tip I have seen congregations of literally
100's of both Black and Whistling Kites. From memory the latter is not quite as
common as blacks, although the ratio is probably 60:40.

In 96, 97 and 98 I have seen at least 50 WK's at the tip, which is usually
overflowing with these 2 raptors species, with the odd Black and Grey Falcon
flying by!

Paul McDonald
School of Biological Sciences
Macquarie University, Sydney NSW, 2109
Australia
Phone: (02) 9850 8191 Fax: (02) 9850 8245