birding-aus

Willie Wagtails

To: <>
Subject: Willie Wagtails
From: "G Glass" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 16:26:13 +1000
Re the Willie Wagtail article, which I haven't read yet:

Has anyone else observed Willies 'vacuum-ing' the lawn when searching for
insects for their hatchlings?

'Our' resident pair haven't done much of it this year for the two clutches
so far, maybe because we are no longer in drought here (west of Toowoomba
Qld), but during the drought years 1991 to 1997 the parents would often be
observed running over the lawn with bodies pressed down and fluffed out on
the grass as they passed.

Gloria Glass
MS 1049, Toowoomba Qld 4350