birding-aus

Geeong Highlights

Subject: Geeong Highlights
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 21:15:20 -0800 (PST)
Sorry to other Geelong residents for the presumptuous tone of the
Subject line - but here are MY Geelong highlights for the last few days:

Little Lorikeet

A pair has has taken a liking to the red-flowering gums (I think they
are really pink-flowering yellow gums, but I'm not sure) in the
grounds of Sacred Heart College, Newtown.  There are also Littles out
at Deakin University - Library carpark - but most lorikeets here are
Purple-crowned.

Musk Lorikeets

Seem to be back around town again this year.

Caspian Tern

At Jerringot Wetland (Belmont Common) easily viewable from the hide on
20.11
The area is as full as I've seen it apart from flood times, so I
couldn't find any rails or crakes, or even the snipe.

Black Falcon

One bird crossing Forest Rd, Lara, at a fairly leisurely pace (for
this species) yesterday 23.11

Russell Woodford
Geelong