birding-aus

Re: Channel-billed cuckoo

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: Channel-billed cuckoo
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:15:38 +1000
     Subject: Channel-billed Cuckoo
     Author: Alan Leishman

     There was a Channel-billed Cuckoo perched in a Ficus macrophylla
     (Morton Bay Fig) in the Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney on Monday 23
     November being mobbed by a large number of Pied Currawongs, Australian
     Magpies and Noisy Miners. There have been previous records of this
     species in the Botanic Gardens.

     Alan Leishman
     Royal Botanic Gardens
     Sydney

Author:  John Clifton-Everest <> at
mailgate
Date:    11/25/98 9:55 AM

Driving to work this morning through Glebe I observed a Channel-billed
Cuckoo lazily flapping over the street.  One for the record?  It is
certainly the first time I have seen one of these in the quite urban
inner-west suburbs of Sydney!

John M.Clifton-Everest
Dept. of Germanic Studies
University of Sydney