birding-aus

[no subject]

To: "Birding-aus" <>
From: "Suzanne Beauchesne" <>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 18:25:30 -0800
Yeah, yeah, I pronounced war-bler as Jerry-gone, but I don't know where
he's gone to. But then I'm from Canada, eh, and found myself wandering
around Australia, unaccompanied by other birders, and free to pronounce
anything as I wished. I won't tell you what I did to cisticola, but when it
came out in public, it caused a few eyebrows to be raised.

On the topic of Indian field guides, I am also curious about the new one.
Not to mention, is there a guide for Sri Lanka, or does one go with the
Indian guide, and guess at the endemics?

And finally, I'm heading off shortly to misspronounce some birds in WA. It
got cold and rainy here, so I'm departing Monday, going the slow route but
should be there in about a week. Any suggestions on a short trip (10 or so
days) around Perth would be appreciated. I haven't been to that side of the
country, so I'll be looking for the full range, as opposed to nothing but
Noisy Scrubbird (although I'd look at one of those too).

Cheers,

Suzanne Beauchesne
Victoria, BC