birding-aus

Re: [RFI] UK Visit

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Re: [RFI] UK Visit
From: "Robert Berry" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:27:16 +1100
Oh you silly girl,

Winter is a fabulous time to go bird watching in England. The days are
short, the weather is vile but its fabulous all the same because England
ain't the end of the line. As the summer migrants head south the Geese,
various gulls and Snow Buntings take their place. The leaves have gone from
the trees and woodland birds are urgent - a Goldcrest needs to find one
insect a second every daylit hour of the day! And every time the wind blows
another mega tick turns up. I am so jealous.

There are any number of excellent guide books, also magazines and telephone
hotlines. A very useful book in view of the season is :-
Lack, P. (1986).The atlas of wintering birds in Britain and Ireland.
Poyser, Staffs., UK.

Visit every RSPB reserve you can and say hi to my mum.

Regards

Rob.