birding-aus

muttonbird oil for hands

Subject: muttonbird oil for hands
From: lorne <>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 13:01:50 +0000
Hello folks, it's Lorne again.

I was rather pissed off/angry this morning when a colleague/teacher at
school told me she was using 'muttonbird' oil to help her hands (mild
arthritis I think). I asked her about the killing of birds, and she said
that aborigines did it and they were the only ones who could kill them.
This is the first I've really heard of this oil and aboriginal link. Can
anyone tell me more???? I'm distressed.

Lgj.

PS - A while ago I had WORDS with this person who was selling Emu oil at
a booth in a shopping centre. She said it was a fact of life. I
disagreed. She said she didn't really agree with killing emus. I told
her to get another job!!!!!!!!