birding-aus

Re: re. 98 twitchathon

To: David Geering <>
Subject: Re: re. 98 twitchathon
From: clairel <>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:57:48 +1000
David Geering wrote:

> Unfortunately I have been knobbled and haven't been issued with a pass to
> return to NSW for the twitchathon.  However, the mighty Hunter Thickheads
> (official main race entrant of the Hunter Bird Observers Club) have found a
> very able replacement for me and will be very competitive.
>
> Alan, a man of your advanced years really should get a good nights sleep.
> Is it really worth staying up all night squinting into a beam of light
> knowing that the mighty Thickheads are already tucked up in their sleeping
> bags with a swag of birds already safely ticked off?
>
> Anyone out there with spare cash?  The twitchathon is a very worthwhile
> cause but can I suggest that you back a winner - the Hunter Thickheads,
> contact Ann Lindsay.
>
> Sorry Alan.
Hi All!
Indeed the might Hunter Thickheads will be on the trail again from dawn
to dark and with all respects to our previous mighty leader, the team
expects to crack 200 this year even if we are a bit shakey on
Blackbirds.  So watch out Alan. We are an even greater force to be
reckoned with. Send all to contributions to the Hunter indeed!  Our
champagne team,led by Tom Clark will be competing in fine style as
well.  Support the Hunter Thickheads and Lesticum Foridae!
Good Luck and Best Wishes
Ann Lindsey

n Galah, Pied
Currawong then Crimson Rosella head the list). The same sort of data and
numbers and location by week and histograms by month for all species is
available. I just wish that other centres of population would have run
surveys that collected consistent information over many years were available
to compare to this kind of information, rather than ad hoc and memory.