birding-aus

Musk and Rainbow Lorikeets

Subject: Musk and Rainbow Lorikeets
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:52:52 +1000
                     RAINBOW AND MUSK LORIKEETS

        In my opinion the Musk Lorikeet was also rather unusual around
        Melbourne 20 years ago, but for the last 10 years or so, they
        have been extremely common around Waverley and particularly at
        Monash University, whereas the Rainbow Lorikeet was less common.
        I was away for June and July but since I have returned I have
        not seen a single Musk Lorikeet, whereas Rainbows are much more
        common than they used to be. I don't think this is purely a
        seasonal effect as I can't remember a recent time when there
        weren't Musk Lorikeets around.
                Little Lorikeets are certainly seasonal in Waverley and
        tend to turn up in December.
                        Aidan Sudbury

   HOME                                                       BUSINESS

   Aidan Sudbury                                          Dr. A.W. Sudbury
   51a Bruce Street                                       Dept. of Mathematics
   Mount Waverley                                         Monash University
   Victoria 3149                                          Clayton 3168
   Australia                                              Australia

   Phone 03-9807-7561
                                e-mail
                                Phone (Bus.)      03-9905-4405
                                Fax               61-3-9905-4435