birding-aus

Chiltern Ironbox National Park

Subject: Chiltern Ironbox National Park
From: "DYLAN O'DONNELL" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:28:31 GMT+1000
Hi there birdos,

Apparently Chiltern ironbox National Park is having a festival of
sorts including birds walks and tours etc.

Chiltern is a *lovely* region and I have seen many varied species
there incluing babblers, many honeyeaters, water birds, parrots &
lorikeets etc etc

The rain we've had lately will also do well for wetlands there which have
been fairly low of late.

Of course, when in Chiltern there is one bird to keep a keen eye out
for - The Regent Honeyeater. David Geering knows more about this than
i do as I haven't had the priviledge of seeing one yet. I still keep
an eye out though!

-Good birding

Dylan