birding-aus

RFI: Checklists for Central Asian states

To: "'Ozbird Mail'" <>
Subject: RFI: Checklists for Central Asian states
From: "Conole, Lawrie" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 14:54:16 +1000
Hi Ozbirders

A litle bit of a left field RFI here (no pun intended).  My partner Fiona
and I will be travelling through Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan (Kyrgyz Republic)
in the old USSR Turkestan/Central Asian region in June-July 1999.  I've been
scratching together bird checklists for these areas as I couldn't find
ready-made ones.  I've gleaned most of the meagre trip report stuff from the
net, and Robert Eisberg of Santa Barbara Software Products kindly supplied
me with a combined Uzbek/Kyrgyz list generated from BirdBase/BirdArea.

My question is, do any of you out there have checklists lying about the
house for the Central Asian states of Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan
and Kyrgyzstan?  ... or even a combined Turkestan list (includes Tajikistan
too)?  Unlikely I realise; but you just never know!

All help greatly appreciated.  In trade I can offer province/state lists for
Australia, Indonesia, and a few other South-East Asian localities.

Thanks in advance

Lawrie Conole
Fitzroy North, Victoria, Australia
37°46'57"S  144°58'45"E