birding-aus

[Fwd: MIGRATION OVER THE GULF web site]

Subject: [Fwd: MIGRATION OVER THE GULF web site]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:13:51 +1000
--- Begin Message ---
Subject: MIGRATION OVER THE GULF web site
From: Robert Russell <>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 11:55:35 -0500
Hello:

I'm pleased to announce that LSU's ongoing study of trans-Gulf migration
now has a web site.  Set your browsers to:

http://transgulf.org

At this site you will find general information about the study, photos
of offshore oil production platforms and migrants using the platforms,
radar images of bird migration, biographies and pictures of project
personnel, real-time correspondence about spectacular fallouts, and
links to other migration sites.  In addition, weekly updates of our
offshore observations will be posted to the site each Monday; a summary
of the Aug 15-21 period is available now.  Much more material will
eventually be added, including many more bird-on-platform pictures (and
in particular, a picture of the spring's infamous deepwater Tree
Sparrow).

Please feel free to pass along the URL to any interested parties.

Any suggestions on how to make the site more interesting and informative
are welcome.  There were a few formatting problems which I believe are
now fixed.  If you detect a formatting error, please let me know: 1)
what the error is, 2) what kind of a computer you are using (e.g., PC
vs. Mac), 3) how big your screen is, and 4) which browser you are using.

Best Wishes,

Bob Russell, Ph.D.
LSU Museum of Natural Science