birding-aus

Re: Heathland Avian Mimic

To: Syd Curtis <>
Subject: Re: Heathland Avian Mimic
From: James Davis <>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 08:34:35 +1000 (EST)
Syd:

   The Rufous Scrubbird which lives along side the Albert's Lyrebird in
Lamington Nation Park -- along Daves Creek Circuit at Binna Burra.  Last
week, with tapeplayer in hand, I made some marvelous recordings of this
species' varied vocalizations (Syd, I'll describe them in the next issue
of the IBB).  BTW, the Lyrebirds were singing as well.  I hope this helps.

Cheers, Jim

Dr. Wm. James Davis, Editor
Interpretive Birding Bulletin