birding-aus

Re: White Common Mynah

To: Stan Emmerson <>
Subject: Re: White Common Mynah
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 17:29:37 +1000
Stan,

At Tolga, On 28th May, 1997, we saw a bald headed Common Myna also dodging
traffic on the main drag through the settlement. This individual had normal
plumage and colourings from the 'shoulders' back, but was quite featherless
on neck and head. We pulled up and turned around and studied it for some
time. It was healthy, and well accepted by other mynas. At first appearance
it looked like a miniature version of those bald vultures I saw somewhere
overseas.

Sounds like there's a sly gene lurking around Tolga.

Cheers

Jill Dening
Sunshine Coast, Qld