birding-aus

Re: Pandurra Station Port Augusta

To: Richard Jordan <>, birding-aus <>
Subject: Re: Pandurra Station Port Augusta
From: Howard Plowright <>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:10:20 +1000
Richard Jordan wrote:

> Howard,
>
> Would it be possible for you to copy the attachment below onto an
> email to
> me as plain text? I would be really interested to see the list, and my
>
> primitive system baulked at converting it into a readable form. Don'
> worry
> about the formatting.

Richard, Herewith list - if I do this again I obviously should not send
an attachment.
We saw a limited number of birds because in the morning we failed to get
more than a glimpse of the Grasswren so went back to the area in the
late afternoon instead of wandering around other areas of the property.
Peter was an excellent guide - he has some good paintings and is on a
retainer from Pandurra.  What an excellent property - tremendous
development in terms of stock management, water access in particular and
hence minimal unneccessary stock movement.  This shows up in the lack of
erosion around water troughs.  Hope this fills in the details for you.
I did check the attachment for viruses and this MSWORD  list is also
free as far as I can tell. Howard
PS this list is NOT formatted.

NUTBUSH RETREAT - PANDURRA STATION Eyre Highway S.A.
Peter Langdon, artist and excellent "birdo" - all day tour.
Cool overcast day - 25 May 1998
46 species

EMU                           Dromaius novaehollandiae
STUBBLE QUAIL                 Coturnix pectoralis
AUSTRALIAN WOOD DUCK          Chenonetta jubata
GREY TEAL                     Anas gracilis
PINK-EARED DUCK               Malacorhynchus membranaceus
AUSTRALASIAN GREBE            Tachybaptus novaehollandiae
HOARY-HEADED GREBE            Poliocephalus poliocephalus
WEDGE-TAILED EAGLE            Aquila audax
BROWN FALCON                  Falco berigora
NANKEEN KESTREL               Falco cenchroides
BLACK-TAILED NATIVE-HEN       Gallinula ventralis
FEATHERS ONLY
EURASIAN COOT                 Fulica atra
BLACK-FRONTED DOTTEREL        Elseyornis melanops
BANDED LAPWING                Vanellus tricolor
CRESTED PIGEON                Ocyphaps lophotes
GALAH                         Cacatua roseicapilla
AUSTRALIAN RINGNECK           Barnardius zonarius
BLUE BONNET                   Northiella haematogaster
MULGA PARROT                  Psephotus varius
WHITE-WINGED FAIRY-WREN       Malurus leucopterus
THICK-BILLED GRASSWREN        Amytornis textilis                 New
bird
STRIATED PARDALOTE            Pardalotus striatus
REDTHROAT                     Pyrrholaemus brunneus              New
bird
WEEBILL                       Smicrornis brevirostris
INLAND THORNBILL              Acanthiza apicalis
CHESTNUT-RUMPED THORNBILL     Acanthiza uropygialis
YELLOW RUMPED THORNBILL       Acanthiza chrysorrhoa
SOUTHERN WHITEFACE            Aphelocephala leucopsis
RED WATTLEBIRD                Anthochaecra carunculata
SPINY-CHEEKED HONEYEATER      Acanthagenys rufogularis
YELLOW-THROATED MINER         Manorina flavigula
SINGING HONEYEATER            Lichenostomus virescens
RED-CAPPED ROBIN              Petroica goodenovii
WHITE-BROWED BABBLER          Pomatostomus superciliosus
CHIRRUPING WEDGEBILL          Psophodes cristatus
CRESTED BELLBIRD              Oreoica gutturalis                 calling

GREY SHRIKE-THRUSH            Colluricincla harmonica
MAGPIE-LARK                   Grallina cyanoleuca
BLACK-FACED WOODSWALLOW       Artamus cinereus
AUSTRALIAN MAGPIE             Gymnorhina tibicen
AUSTRALIAN RAVEN              Corvus coronoides
LITTLE CROW                   Corvus bennetti
RICHARD'S PIPIT               Anthus novaeseelandiae
WHITE-BACKED SWALLOW          Cheramoeca leucosternus
WELCOME SWALLOW               Hirundo neoxena
COMMON STARLING               Sturnus vulgaris*