birding-aus

South Australian Apostlebirds

Subject: South Australian Apostlebirds
From: "David Geering"<>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 08:04:04 +1000
I seem to have upset Anne again !!!

I harbour no ill feelings toward South Australia and my apologies to all
who live in that fair state, and their birds.  I have already pointed out
that my source for the (almost complete ??) extinction of Apostlebirds in
SA was RAOU Conservation Statement No. 10 "Conserving woodland birds in the
wheat and sheep belts of southern Australia".

I promise to no longer slander South Australia and someone had better make
sure they "atlas" those poor Apostlebirds to get the record completely
straight.

David Geering