birding-aus

Glen Davis, west of Sydney NSW, last Sunday

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Glen Davis, west of Sydney NSW, last Sunday
From: "Trevor Quested" <>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:02:15 +1000
Four of us went birding to Glen Davis last Sunday.  Mid winter, one can't
expect too much but we managed 70 species in the valley.  The best birding
seemed low down in the valley.  In a property called the Alice five species
of finches,  Plum-heads (60+) , Diamond Firetails (60+), Zebra (80+),
Double-barred (80+), Red-browed Firetail (40+) were seen.  Also here were
Australian Bushlarks and 2 Horsfield Bronze-cuckoos.
At the Glen Davis campground we saw one Black-chinned Honeyeater.  Along
the fence posts, a Pied Butcherbird.
At Glen Alice near the church, we saw 2 Barking Owls and a White-bellied
Cuckoo-shrike.  There is some blossom here and Little Lorikeets were
common.
Along Crown Station Road we saw a pair of Turquoise Parrots, 2 Painted
Button-quail, and some Glossy-Black Cockatoos. At different places along
the road we saw pairs of Red-capped, Flame and Scarlet Robin as well as
lots of Hooded Robins and Southern Whiteface.
Trevor
Trevor  & Annie Quested
Sydney,  Australia

Phone   +61 2 9955 6266