birding-aus

Two weeks in Victoria

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Two weeks in Victoria
From: "Terry Gould" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 23:33:42 +0930
Hi Folks,

Five South Ausies, Terry and Lyn Gould, Trevor and Hazel Cowie and Enid Pascoe have just had two lovely weeks in Central Victoria, with several days at each of Geelong, Healesville and and Chiltern.  We saw 168 species on the trip.  Trip highlights - a pair of Powerful Owls in the Brisbane Ranges, four Yellow-tufted Honeyeaters (race cassidix, the Helmeted H/E), at Yellingbo,  25 to 30 Regent Honeyeaters and four Turquoise Parrots at Chiltern.

Other gems -
 - 30+ coloured male Flame Robins in a Chiltern paddock,
 - an Eastern Whipbird in the Blackberry bush behind the cabin at Healesville,
 - a pair of Painted Button Quail at Bailieston Reserve,
 - a pair of Spotted Quail Thrush near Beechworth.

I will e-mail a full list, on request.  Many thanks to those folk who replied to my RFI - it was much appreciated.

Cheers
Terry Gould.