birding-aus

Kuala Lumpur birding

Subject: Kuala Lumpur birding
From: "Peter Thompson" <>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:11:10 +0000
Dear all,
Next week I have a full day (05h30 to 20h30) stopover in KL en route to
Australia and would like to get out to the Gombak Valley for some good birding.
 Is there anyone out there who has done something like that and could advise
me on the pros and cons of renting a car vs. hiring a taxi for the day (cost?),
or
any other options?  Also the quickest route between the airport and Gombak V.
(without going through the middle of KL) and the time it would take.  Any
advice
would be appreciated.  Thanks a lot.
Peter

Peter N. Thompson              Production Animal Clinic
Tel: +27-12-5298000            Faculty of Veterinary Science
Fax: +27-12-5298308            0110 Onderstepoort
Email:    South Africa