birding-aus

Historical Regent Honeyeater records

Subject: Historical Regent Honeyeater records
From: "David Geering"<>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:35:36 +1000
As most birding-ausers would be aware, the Regent Honeyeater Recovery
Programme is maintaining a database of Regent Honeyeater records. I am
confident that most records are now finding their way onto this database
and will contribute greatly in the development of models of habitat,
movements patterns etc. that may assist in arresting the decline of this
magnificent bird.

The database, however, has relatively few records from the period prior to
the establishment of the Recovery Programme. I would welcome any historical
Regent Honeyeater records, ie pre 1994 (politicians aren't the only people
with short memories), that you might have.  I would also greatly appreciate
any current records that you think we might not have had access to.

David Geering
Regent Honeyeater Recovery Coordinator
P.O. Box 500
East Melbourne Vic  3002
Phone: (03) 9412 4297 or Freecall 1800 621056
Fax: (03) 9412 4586
email: