birding-aus

Barren Grounds Bird Observatory, south of Sydney, NSW

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Barren Grounds Bird Observatory, south of Sydney, NSW
From: "Trevor Quested" <>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 21:49:28 +1000
I had a nice day at the Barren Grounds Bird Observatory today.  I took out
an American birdwatcher who had to see a Ground Parrot or else and
surprise, surprise, we saw one.  Other good birds were an Eastern
Bristlebird walking around the carpark, a Southern Emuwren male which
popped up at the appropriate moment, and at head height a pair of Gang
Gangs.

There seemed to be a lot of Crescent Honeyeaters feeding low down in the
trees near the car park as well as a White-cheeked Honeyeater which was
interesting too.  Only one Beautiful Firetail was seen.  And only I saw it,
darn it!

Good birding everyone

Trevor  Quested
Sydney,  Australia